I did it! I made my 1000 miles in 2013 goal, in spite of the late-year bout of plantar fasciitis, which nearly knocked me out of the running. (groan) A few of the miles were on a treadmill, and a few were on an elliptical machine, but every mile counts in my book.
Here are some other accomplishments from the year:
- Ran my first marathon. Then a second in my goal time of under 5 hours.
- Raised over $2000 for Camp Kesem by harassing my facebook friends endlessly.
- Ran my first half marathon. Then a second in my goal time of under 2 hours.
- Bought a condo.
- Was elected to the board of my running club.
- Ran every single day in August, including some Rocky-inspired running on the streets of Philadelphia.
- Went to Europe, crossed the Mediterranean on a ferry (with my passport), and went to Africa.
- Started teaching English at my local community college.
I suppose that’s enough for one year, don’t you?